Estate accounts are opened by the families of the deceased shareholders to administer the estate of the deceased to cater for the proceeds emanating from the disposal of the shares in the estate .
The administrators of the estate will produce either a Probate if the deceased had a will or letter of Administration if the deceased died intestate.
The process to transmit the shares of the deceased to the estate now begins by approaching each registrar where the deceased had shares.
The other documents to be provided include but not limited to the following:
- Photocopy of Probate duly registered by a High Court of Registry or any Court within the Jurisdiction of Federal Government of Nigeria i.e either with Will or Without Will it will be stated in the Probate- Original will be sighted by our accredited Staff.
- Photocopy of Death Certificate – Original must be sighted by our Staff Accredited Staff.
- Photocopy of Newspaper Publication showing Obituary of the deceased.
- Evidence of Opening of Estate Account with a recognized Bank in Nigeria.
- Estate Account Banker’s Confirmation – showing the names and signature of the authorized signatory.
- Admor I. D. Card(s) that is Copy of identification of the Estate Bank Account Signatory i.e. National Identification, Drivers License and or Data Page of the International Passport(not less than six months).
- Copy of Admor Utility Bill that should not be more than 3 months old of each signatory i.e. PHCN bill or Water rate, original for sighting.
- Signature Mandate for each Admor. That is Account Opening form must duly fill and sign by each signatory.